For example, the prompt, “When you finally get a promotion,” might call for a GIF of an employee jumping icebreakers for virtual meetings for joy. For example, a player may say they are grateful for their decision to attend college.
What are some fun icebreaker questions?
- Do you fold your pizza?
- What fictional family would you most like to join?
- Would you rather be reincarnated as a cat or a dog?
- Pull out your phone; what is your most used emoji?
- Who was your childhood famous crush?
- Imagine you are a professional baseball player.
On your next virtual call, simply share your screen and have fun sitting back and watching each staff member try to guess who is who. Pictionary is a classic game in which players have to identify the words or objects represented by the drawings made by other players. It is one of the best virtual team building games because all the team members can get involved in it. One of the best ways to learn a lot about a person is by knowing their likes and dislikes. Asking the team members to rank their favorites is one of the best fun virtual meeting ideas. There are many different types of rankings that can be done, such as ranking the best 90s movies, Christmas movies, songs, series, games, etc.
The Best Way To Host Virtual Icebreakers
First, the organizer has to divide the members into two teams. Each member will take turns writing lesser-known facts about themselves. Then, when a team is up to bat, a member from the opposite team will read a point about a member. If someone gets it https://remotemode.net/ wrong, they will receive a strike. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the game wins. During the meeting, you can post the questions alongside the answers provided in the survey. Based on that, members can guess who has responded to what.
- Have a look at our list of 20 “Would you rather” fun ice breaker questions above.
- When teams work remotely, there is a good chance that all members may not be located in the same city or country.
- To play, the facilitator will assign each member a number as they join the meeting.
- The possibilities are ENDLESS, thank goodness, because so are the virtual meetings.
- Give your participants a selection of funny images or GIFs and get them to vote on which one most accurately describes what they’re feeling right now.
Each approach can be as elaborate or as simple as you like — if you’re short on time or resources, just having a question in mind can do the trick. If you have a larger team, activities or games are sometimes the best options since they will allow for natural opportunities to break out into smaller teams or subgroups. First, let’s learn exactly what a virtual icebreaker is, and why it’s good to have one up your sleeve for your next meeting. Virtual or not, a team’s trust relies on the quality of communication! Virtual ice breaker questions are an excellent way of breaking down strict or formal business barriers to boost team bonding for good rapport and productivity. The Gratitude and Challenges icebreaker promotes team building as this activity allows teammates to get to know each other on a more personal level.
How often should you use virtual icebreakers for remote/hybrid teams?
This helps break down barriers between remote team members and create a more open and connected environment. Sometimes a little competition can be a great way to build camaraderie — here are a few of our favorite ice breaker games for virtual meetings. We hope you’ll try one of these virtual icebreakers at your next online meeting. Let Slido help you connect with your teammates, wherever they are. Virtual team ice breakers can make introducing new recruits to the group far less uncomfortable. Virtual team building icebreakers are a great way for teammates to feel connected to each other when working remotely.
- In that meeting, members can talk about their personal life, work-related topics, play games, or make simple small talk.
- Have everyone share their latest Netflix binge, and why they decided to watch it.
- The lead player may twist or omit a detail of a true story to make that one sentence untrue or can completely fabricate a fact.
- Overall, virtual ice breakers are a fantastic way to foster deeper emotional, personal connections to teammates.
- If you want people to get out of the office, you also can have your icebreaker be a mini scavenger hunt.
This nostalgic activity is great for personal bonding. Have each team member take turns briefly describing a really embarrassing moment in their life.